Independent thinking and self-management are the core values that are built in a Venkateswaran. We firmly believe that makerspace education (S.T.E.A.M.) is the best way to develop 21st Century skills, the 4Cs, in our children:
Collaboration, Communication, Critical Thinking and Creative Solutions
We provide education as an experience with endless possibilities. Children become socially trained, strengthening their skills and tuning their competencies.
- Level-wise core ideologies for logical coherence in action fostering decision-making skills in students
- Language acquisition through fun activities enhances LSRW skills in students.
- Smart Board and 3-D aided learning brings the real world into classrooms.
- To enhance language acquiring (English), we have a well-designed Composition Commandment, tailored for specific grades.
- Our self-designed and acclaimed Lesson Plan format facilitates pedagogical discourses to suit diverse learners across grades.
- Life Skills program that develops confidence in children motivating them to perform across curricula
- Our Continuous and Comprehensive evaluations focus on scholastic, co-scholastic and co-curricular performances
- Remedial interventions with periodic follow-ups
- Motivating aspirers to bring out their scholastic talent and help them be the best by providing exclusive coaching classes for NEET, IIT-JEE, CPT, NTSE, etc
We give freedom to our students with support and structure.
Xtra Miles :
Various avenues for skill-tapping is available aplenty for Venkateswarans.
When we take a step forward, our children move two steps further. Our extra stride beyond academics, generates positive outcomes in children including improved academic performances, classroom behavior and health.
X-tra Miles, our after-school program, mentors artistic intellect, sports and an ardent academic support to our children, concurrently building their social skills.
- Fine Arts Activities
14 in-house, in-school Fine Arts activities serve as areas of refinement in Yoga, Chess, Band, Karate, Music and Dance. Our children have proved their mettle in these chosen areas of specialty and excelled in state and National levels at several competitions and meets. Expert trainers bring in lots of field exposure in these activities and make our children champs in their fields of specialization
- Venkat Natyalaya
Bridging the chasm between traditional and western dance forms, Venkat Natyalaya offers professional training for children in Bharatanatyam and Western Dance. The aesthetic full-mirrored dance room at Sri Venkateswara Nursery & Primary, has groomed more than 30 children who have attained the phase of Salangai Pooja and are now eagerly awaiting their Arangetram.
Encompassing various dance forms and styles in the western arena, children learn to use their body’s fluid movements as an instrument of expression and communication. We give them the space to make creative decisions, expand their movement vocabulary, make choices within a structure and test their own personal boundaries.
- Venkat Kalalaya
Tapping the aesthetic intellect in children and helping them pursue their artistic cravings, Venkat Kalalaya opens a plethora of opportunities for our students. Professionally training children in Classical Music, Bharatanatyam, Instrumental Music and Drawing & Painting, Kalalaya nurtures the arty minds of our children
- SV sports academy
With the motto ‘Catch them Young’, our SV Sports Academy, inducted in 2018, has fostered several young sporting talents in our Group of schools. The academy offers professional coaching of international standards in the games of cricket, table tennis, athletics, hockey, volleyball and many more.
The academy has cultivated District U-14 cricket player in SVV, State champ in Long Jump qualified for Nationals, National Hockey player, National Junior Football player and Junior Chennaiyin FC Club player, International Hockey trainer and several emerging flairs in the sports arena.
Our institution has been the Launchpad for players at the National, State and District levels who aspire to achieve in their chosen specialized game
- Uniformed services
Uniformed services plays a key role in transforming an individual’s attitude and self-discipline. At SVGS, uniformed services are offered as after-school programs that nourishes the leadership qualities of our young minds.
Bunnies : KG also dons the uniform of Bunnies with the motto “Keep Smiling”. The main purpose is to help the child learn together, learn to be creative in their activities and also develop a love for nature. Camps and rallies have been held to make the little leaders become more confident and strong.
Cubs & Bulbuls is the first lap in the journey towards Scouts & Guides. Aimed at character building, it instills self-discipline and thoughtfulness at a tender age. Aiding in their physical and mental growth, it helps children to be independent and live life in a disciplined manner. Children have most enthusiastically participated in periodical camps and rallies.
Bharat Scouts & Guides has its Ponneri District HQ at our SVNP campus. We proudly boast of Rashtrapathi and Rajyapuraskar (Governor) awardees in our Group of schools. Our team of Scouts & Guides took part in the National Integration Camp held at Bathinda, Punjab and our contingent bagged the 2nd prize in the “Peace March” held there.
Road Safety Patrol ensures an accident-free life. RSP cadets are the medium through which road safety education is disseminated to the society. Our RSP cadets have several accolades to their credit. Rally on helmet awareness, campaigning alongside the Traffic Warden Wing of Chennai City Police, acknowledgement from Commissioner of Police are few of our prized moments.
Our cherished moments of pride happen every year when our RSP cadets march in the Repulic Day Parade at Marina Grounds. For the past 6 years, around 300 of our RSP cadets have taken part in the parade along with our Band troop.
- Makerspace @ ATL :
Hands on experience on their learning provides children with an opportunity to explore their subject and the concepts in their own space. Atal Tinkering Lab is the workstation for our young minds that lets them experience their learnings correlating to the real world applications.
Mechanical, electrical, electronic, DIY science kits, 3D printing and ideating nooks in the Atal Tinkering Lab provides real world experiences to our children that taps their creativity and brings out best innovations from them. We nurture candid creations, social innovations and student start-ups that make our children future ready at the same time anchoring them to an awareness on social challenges.
- Toastmasters International:
Our strong tie-up with Toastmasters International that promotes excellent oratory skills in our children, promotes headship qualities in them. The Youth Leadership Program that focuses on boosting the communication skills, especially public speaking and leadership roles, brings out the best in our young minds and promulgates the wave of collaborative communication among them
- An exclusive Life Skills Program is embedded in our academic curriculum, in all the subjects, to adapt positive behavior enabling students to deal with the demands and challenges of life. We never separate learning from life, thus imbibing skills in every concept and topic of every subjects. A hindi lesson might impart the value of intrapersonal skill to our learners while a math concept can inculcate self-management skills in them.
- Language learning at SVM is not insisted, but permeated in every activity in the campus. Our alliance with Hindi Prachar Sabha helps children explore the Hindi language in all its levels. Our SVM campus is also the center for Hindi Prachar Sabha exams where around 2000 students take up the exams of the language at various levels
- There is a point in every child’s life that requires him/her to take the road to reach the summit of success. Career guidance sessions with renowned academicians and resource people in the industry are periodically held to guide the children and make them aware of prospective streams.
- A successful Alumni forum, placed in prominent jobs in MNCs and various other Corporates in India and abroad, indulging themselves in providing the right industry-oriented and career selection guidance for their junior batch members moving for higher studies.
- Go Green campus appropriate for “Green School Program” Certification
- Excellent infrastructure with an in-house RO safe water facility.
- Student-friendly, spacious, well-ventilated and comfortable green learning spaces
- Playground with cricket nets and volleyball court in place
- GPS tracked transport fleet
- Well-stocked Library with a good collection of books for effective reading sessions
- Clean and Hygiene wash rooms
- Smart-board equipped classrooms for learning with a multi-dimensional perspective
- Well-equipped , spacious and safe laboratories for Science experiments
- District HQ for Ponneri Scouts & Guides in Ponneri Educational District.