We are aware that teaching learning process is more than communication between the teacher and the student. It is a bondage of love and respect mutually expressed and shared in a healthy learning environment that endorses communal knowledge-sharing network.
We offer the baton of responsibility to each student for his or her learning participation, discipline, behavior and work.
Though they may overlap each other at times, students are encouraged to see learning and studying as different activities. This happens only when they are offered a free space to experience their learning, question their notions of predisposition and answer their desirous inclinations.
Circle time and value hours, theme meetings with parents and sessions of self-realization help children examine their fears, conflicts, measures of success, the individual in the group and the group in the individual.
We encourage our children to look within themselves to find their own motivations and predilections to exceed comparisons, competitions, rewards, reprimands, etc.
We are the Learn with Life, Learn for Life movement!!!
Our envisioned future is what our children aspire to become, to achieve, to create. This vision can be realized with a genuine forecast and meticulous layout of the learning process to suit the learner and learning needs in accordance to their environment. To lead them with the right thought process with core values & character, we have self-designed level-specific core ideologies that sum up our existentialism.
From Early Years – Higher Secondary
- Opportunities for Middle schoolers to explore their learnings
- Atal Tinkering Labs for S.T.E.A.M. imbibed learning
- Design Thinking embedded in every subject and activity
- Suitable learning materials to enhance and enrich learner taking them beyond just books
- Skill-imbibed Multiple Intelligence strategies that suit varied intellectual abilities
- Global exposure to students with real-world experiences exercised in their classrooms
- Classrooms as thinking spaces that make learners evaluate real-life challenges and come up with viable solutions through their learnings
- S.T.E.A.M. embedded curriculum boosts creativity with an aesthetic vision
- Activity-based learning where students participate in their own learning experience through practical activities
- Theme-based activities that connect academics to real-world situations
- Freedom for the learner to inculcate problem-solving and independent investigation skills
- Hands-on projects that lets the learner evaluate and judge his learning and achieve learning outcomes in tandem with real-life solutions
- Strategies by our erudite educators that integrates every activity with cross-curricular learning
- Pedagogical approaches aligned with Bloom’s Taxonomy with focus on the major development domains of the learner, namely, cognitive, affective and phychomotor
- Integrated in-campus activities and celebrations for excellence in learning outcomes
- Value-imbibed learning in every discipline enabling the learner to stay rooted to culture and tradition
- Innovative Teaching Methodologies of global standards acknowledged in the international education arena
- ICT tools providing multi-dimensional perspectives in learning
- Continuous and Comprehensive Evaluations to monitor student learning, knowledge, understanding, application and HOTS (Higher Order Thinking Skills)
- Innovative assessment tools that make exams creative bundles of joy
- Assessments affiliated with Bloom’s Taxonomy domains so as to evaluate learning objective and outcome in individual learner
- Periodical remedial interventions to bridge the gap between what learner knows and should know
- Counselling and reinforcement sessions for children facilitating constant upgradation
- Board exam strategies adopted for building confidence leading to performance enhancement in children
- Revisiting tactics for Board students in order to strengthen their knowledge and understanding in individual concepts
- A strong connectivity to parent community on the performance graph of Board goers
- Intra-school and inter-school evaluation and revisiting strategies adopted for Board exam students inorder to enrich their performance
- Career counselling by industry resources and pioneers for higher secondary students
Our belief centres on a strong trust placed on our young learners. We encourage self-evaluation in children that would reveal their potential and unique set of talents. We are well aware that such evaluations cannot be done at a point of time.
A student who is able to accurately and effectively self-assess and revise accordingly, has attained independence as a learner. Exposing them to examples of mastery, providing them the vocabulary to assess their work, visual thinking strategies and teaching them on peer critique facilitate healthy revisions of self-assessments.
Academic assessments :
Assessment itself is an essential learning tool. They are measures in an input and not an output. The ‘one size fits all’ approach does not work with instruction. Assessment is a continuous process with frequent check points that enable children to refuel / revisit strategies. All this with an understanding that there are diverse learners in a classroom.
The multi-faceted nature of our assessments provide valuable formal or informal structure to the learning process. Periodical and well-planned evaluation techniques, re-examination of performance, remedial interferences as required, tracking performance charts, addressing individual student performance to suit their needs are diligently executed by our didactic educators. Constant updates are provided to the learner and the parent community is an allied partner in these evaluations so as to bring in a 3-pronged uplift in student performances.
Diagnostic assessments are conducted at the beginning of an academic year that would test the pre-knowledge of our learners. Our Bridge-course materials are analytical and helpful in determining strategies that best suit individual learning styles. Fundamental strength is analysed individually and strategies formulated in accordance with the learner requirements.
Formative assessments are periodical and beneficial in helping educators to track progress and adjust strategies for further course of teaching learning process. Most essentially, our formative assessments help children relate to the application of a concept in real-life situations and elevate their thought process with Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS).
Our all-inclusive weighing scales are often revamped to evaluate our children. Assignments, quizzes, informal observation, self-assessment, multiple test formats, etc. are the formative techniques employed to demonstrate student learning.
Summative assessment is a check point which determines the teacher’s and the child’s strategy on the continuation of further learning process. Such check points do not measure the success of the child in the academic program but rather helps him determine where he/she is and where he/she needs to be. We have well-informed young learners who understand the need to self-evaluate in these summative assessments and strategize their learning.
For students with instructional accommodation and modifications, the strategies are realigned to realise learning outcomes and to set realistic goals. In addition to state and national standardized tests given at the end of Units or Semesters, we employ well-researched evaluation techniques that help students stay motivated and interested in their own learning.
Academic pursuit during the pandemic :
This pandemic, starting March 2020, gave us an opportunity to evolve education into the threshold of technological boom.
Our integrated Learning Management Software (LMS) My CAMU connected the students to the teachers with the parents having a track of what is happening in their child’s academics. Assignment submissions, learning resources, activity resources, etc. are found in My CAMU cloud storage and so, is a boon for many students.
Online classes via Zoom began in June 2020 post careful scrutiny of various factors concerning our learners and their parents. Physiological, psychological, social, economical and emotional factors were accounted for and taking into consideration the screen-time of students, slots were prepared for online classes. Parents welcomed the move taken by the institution to continue learning, no matter what.
As a further development, assessments were also conducted in the portal My CAMU in various formats like objective, MCQ, subjective, etc. Periodic Assessments and Terminal Exams were also conducted and performance of learners was tracked.
Virtual PTC meets were conducted for Grades VI – XII and parents were informed about the performance of their wards. Where reinforcements were needed, parents were intimated and remedial classes were held online for those who needed them.
Similar periodic evaluations and assessments were held for Board students, Grade X & XII, and constant updates given to parents and students for keeping their graph move in the upward trend.
A well-planned calendar combined with a team of erudite educators led by diligent Heads to implement it made the success story of e-learning in SVM.
Skill building during the pandemic :
Our children made use of this pandemic situation for their skill-building activities. Webinars on Tinkering, design thinking, Artificial Intelligence (CBSE & Intel), career guidance were all attended by our young minds to equip themselves with skills that would be essential for successful and holistic schooling.